Wednesday 5 January 2011

Digipak

I have had a lot of problems trying to make the digipak not seem dull and lifeless.
The initial idea was to have the same colour as in the background continued across to the back panel. However, this just looked dull and boring and as the background colour was beige, it looked like a sample paint for decorating walls with.
I wanted to bring the digipak to life so, I had the idea of having a starry background/nebula merged with the photo.

I plan on expanding this photo below and merging it with the other pictures that I am using.


I was finding difficulty using the image I had chosen in my draft digipak, as the image was a still from our video and the quality was very bad. Also, I was finding it difficult because from creating the practise digipak I remember that I had found it very difficult to find a colour that worked well with a textured background. Thus my plan was to have a background that was the same colour as the rest so that it would be easy to see the text. This is where I was finding difficulty in it becoming dull and lifeless.

No comments:

Post a Comment