Friday 7 January 2011

Short-list of fonts, colours, layout and design ideas.- Planning

    

                                                                                                                                                                     Font Panel 

For the front of my digipak I decided to use two shots of Hannah Marie our artist placed side by side and her name at the top of the cover in a distinctive font that it would be visible on a store shelf. I wanted the whole album to be vibrant and colourful with a vast colour range. I also wanted a border of black at the bottom and the top of the digipak that would frame the pictures and make the white font I would use for the title be very clear. 


Back Panel

On the back of my digipak I would place a simple medium shot of Hannah holding a guitar with the record company's name at the bottom right alongside the barcode for the CD. I will also place the song titles on either side of her face. The particular guitar in the picture I used because it was a brilliant mix of light and dark browns that contrasted with what she was wearing and the green of the tree behind her. 




Inside Panel 1

For the first inside panel I wanted to use another simple but distinctive picture with the clear blue sky in the background. I felt that it went well with the kind of artist Hannah is. I also liked how the light blue contrasts with the grey of the building along with how the dome is centred perfectly in the picture. 



Inside Panel 2

For my second inside panel I put together a montage of photos of faces that are in the music video of her single and the main song of her album.





No comments:

Post a Comment